Three Weeks: Multiple Regions - Multiple Resorts
Day 1 (Travel Day):
Day 2 (Travel/Ski Day):
- Arrive Santiago 6:15 a.m.
- Breakfast in Santiago
- (Option 1) Tour historic sites, markets and museums in downtown Santiago, head to Farellones
- (Option 2) Head immediately for Farellones, 1/2 day of skiing at El Colorado
- El Colorado's top lift reaches an elevation of 3,333 meters (10,935 feet) and the base elevation is 2,430 meters (7,972 feet). Trails are for all ability levels and the resort offers much off piste skiing (40% beginner, 20% intermediate, 30% advanced, 10% expert). Trails connect to Valle Nevado ski area.
- Accommodations at Farellones for three nights
Day 3 (Ski Day):
- Ski Valle Nevado
- Valle Nevado's top lift reaches an elevation of 3,670 meters (12,04 feet) and the base elevation is 2,880 meters (9,450 feet). Trails service all ability levels and there is much off piste skiing (15% beginner, 40% intermediate, 30% advanced, 15% expert). Trails connect to both El Colorado and La Parva ski areas. Snowboarding facilities include park and pipe. Valle Nevado has Chile's first high speed detachable quad chairlift.
Day 4 (Ski Day):
- Ski La Parva
- La Parva's base elevation is 2,670 meters (8,759 feet) and the top lift reaches an elevation of 3,630 meters (11,909 feet). Skiers and riders can explore trails, slopes, bowls and chutes for all ability levels (15% beginner, 45% intermediate, 30% advanced, 10% expert). La Parva has connecting trails to Valle Nevado and El Colorado ski areas.
Day 5 (Travel/Ski Day):
- (Option 1) Choice of skiing El Colorado, Valle Nevado or La Parva
- (Option 2) Rest Day, tour Santiago
- Drive to Los Andes
Day 6 (Ski Day):
- Ski Portillo
- Portillo is about a 45-minute drive (60 kms each way from Los Andes). Mt. Aconcagua, the highest peak in the Americas, is only 25 miles away from Portillo and can be seen on the way.
- Portillo has 12 lifts, including 4 chairlifts and the famous Roca Jack. The top lift reaches an elevation of 3,348 meters (10,984 feet) and the base elevation is 2,512 meters (8,241 feet). Portillo’s high elevation makes for world-class powder. Trails service all ability levels and there is much off piste skiing (20% beginner, 30% intermediate, 20% advanced, 30% expert). Typical to the high cordillera, all skiing is above the treeline.
- Return to Santiago in the evening
Day 7 (Travel Day):
- Leave for train station at 6:30 a.m.
- Train leaves for Chillan at 7:45 a.m. and arrives around 1:00 p.m.
- (Option 1) Tour town of Chillan and most colorful market in Chile; accommodations in Chillan
- (Option 2) Drive to accommodations on the hill (about 45 miles)
Day 8 (Ski Day):
- Ski Termas de Chillan
- Chillan's top lift reaches an elevation of 2,500 meters (8,200 feet) and the base elevation is 1,800 meters (5,900 feet). There are trails for all ability levels and extensive off piste skiing (20% beginner, 30% intermediate, 30% advanced, 20% expert). Snowboarders can enjoy the snowboard park and halfpipe. More snow falls here than at the Santiago resorts, but the powder is heavier.
- Hot Spring soak at ski area at the end of the day
- Accommodations on the hill (2 nights)
Day 9 (Ski Day):
Day 10 (Ski/Travel Day):
- (Option 1) Ski Termas de Chillan 1/2 day or rest for 1/2 day (leave mountain at 1:00)
- (Option 2) Tour town of Chillan
- Return to Concepcion for flight at 5:15 p.m.
- Arrive 7:00 p.m. in Puerto Montt
- Accommodations in Puerto Varas (15 minute drive from Puerto Montt
Day 11 (Tour/Travel Day):
- Travel to Antillanca
- Accommodations on hill, featuring hot springs & river (3 nights)
Day 12 (Ski Day):
- Ski Antillanca
- Antillanca's top lift reaches an elevation of 1,534 meters (5,033 feet) and the base elevation is 1,070 meters (3,510 feet). Rising above the steamy rain forest, trails for all ability levels are available and much off piste skiing on seven different cones of this volcano (40% beginner, 30% intermediate, 30% advanced).
Day 13 (Ski Day):
Day 14 (Travel Day):
- Drive to Bariloche
- Bariloche has 32 lifts (1 tram, 11 chairs, and 20 surface lifts) serving terrain for all abilities (15% beginner, 60% intermediate, 20% advanced, 5% expert). Bottom elevation is 1,050 meters (3,445 feet) and the top elevation is 2,050 meters (6,725 feet), from which an awesome view of the Andes and lakes of Patagonia can be enjoyed.
- Accommodations on mountain (5 nights)
Day 15 (Ski Day):
Day 16 (Ski Day):
Day 17 (Ski Day):
Day 18 (Ski Day):
Day 19 (Boat Trip):
- Boat trip from Bariloche to Hotel Peulla
Day 20 (Boat Trip/Travel Day):
- Boat trip from Hotel Peulla to Puerto Montt
- Fly from Puerto Montt to Santiago -- depart 4:35 p.m., arrive 6:10 p.m.
- Depart Santiago 9:10 p.m. for the States
Snofari Expeditions, LLC
4225 Sunnyside Ave N
Seattle, WA Â 98103